Tuesday, January 10, 2017

And We Have Lift-Off

2016-1-10
Dear Elder Beadle, 
I trust that you found some other Elders to travel with. It was so strange to send you off all alone like that. I wanted to says so many things to you. Things I forgot to say or say often enough. Things I want to make sure you know. As much as I joke about it, I really will miss you. I already miss you. It's so strangely quiet here. 

First, some things I admire about you that I think will make you successful and happy on Mission and in Life. 
I like how you drive. I love that you strive to keep your passengers safe and comfortable. Your Dad was like that.
I love how you are always striving for knowledge and understanding. I love when you light up as you learn a new concept.
I love your passion for music. I'm so proud of how hard you have worked to develop your musical gift. It will open doors and soften hearts. 
I love your tender heart. 

You will be a good missionary and I would rather have you be good than great. 
Remember that everyone has something to teach you. And they may or may not be interested in what you have to teach them. That isn't your concern. Let them contribute to you, even if you consider them less trained or less educated or farther from spiritual truths. If they feel heard and understood and cared about, they will be more likely to be interested in what you can contribute to their life.
Clean up after yourself. In the very act. Don't let dishes sit. Don't ever put your clothes on the floor or the chair or the bed or the table. Rinse your toothpaste out of the sink.
Be generous with your time and your effort. 
Brush your teeth. Wear your retainer. I know. I know. You do. 
Memorize the 4th section of the Doctrine and Covenants. Not sure why you are resisting this. :)
I'm going to send a package soon of all the medicine I meant to send with you. Is there anything else you need me to send? 


I'm sure I'll think of more. Write me as soon as you arrive. I'm kind of waiting up :). 

Love, Mom

p.s. new fave Rx: John 14:18

1 comment: