Monday, February 13, 2017

Watching the Superbowl?

If this is the most obedient mission in the world, I'm pretty disappointed in missionaries.

I know that obedience brings miracles. 

We baptize Shannon on the 25th of February, which I am so stoked for! She has also been talking about turning her papers in when she turns 19, which would be so slick! We also have the possible opportunity to baptize 3 Kurdish people, T, E, and R. We've got to make sure that there is no chance that they'll be deported back to Iraq or Iran, because they'll be crucified upside down for converting to Christianity, and then the people who baptized them would be in their sights as well, putting us in danger of being crucified too. Crazy stuff. I already know that 2 of them are safe. All we need to have in order to make sure that they're safe is a card from the border patrol that acknowledges their presence in England. T and E. All we need now is R's card. Here's the thing about Kurdish people, they are so faithful to whatever they believe. They make some of the greatest members of the church because they truly consecrate themselves and their resources to the Lord. I'm excited for them to be blessed with baptism and other ordinances.

 We had a zone meeting thing that wasn't necessarily a conference, but it was way sweet. One of the themes was "what would elder Calhoun do?" from The Best Two Years. I've never actually seen that movie, but we watched a couple scenes from it, and likened it unto ourselves. In the meantime, President Turvey took us for interviews one by one. I can tell that President is an inspired man. 

We're watching the superbowl at a members house right now, and I threw out some doctrine about how value is subjective, and that not everybody enjoys watching football, and all my flat mates thought I was insane for not thoroughly enjoying watching football. hahahahahaha their salty tears are tasty :P

 I am surprised that the Lord is even able to bring forth His work through them. Brother Peel said, "The work is done through you, sometimes despite you, but definitely with you." I can only imagine the frustration Heavenly Father experiences. Eh. I'll let it go. The only thing I can control are my actions, my words, my possibilities that I have created for myself and my life.

There is a missionary who has serious depression. She ran away from her companion who was so confused and upset, she went to a members house and called president, so Elder Stirling (one of the zone leaders) and I had the opportunity to go find her and pick her up. The sister with depression. turns out that this is a recurring thing, so she's going to go home. She only had 4 months left. Crazy stuff.

If I remember anything else, I'll try to let you know.

Love. Love is what I create for myself and my life. Love is what I choose to make present for others, whether or not they are able to feel it. 

Christ is love, Christ is life, Christ is Light.

How is your leg? pictures? Send me lots of pictures. And not just of your leg haha. That's weird hahahaha. Lemme know if you need me to respond to anything else that I've forgotten, like names to pictures and such. 

I love you guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment