Monday, February 27, 2017

Read Your Scriptures!

I think I'll be here a little longer. It takes 2 weeks to get a snail mail letter to here. My address here is 77 donnington road s22rf United KingdomI haven't sent my letter yet, but when I do, it'll take about two weeks to get there. I'm trying to send a bunch in the same envelope, so I'm still writing to some people.

how is your leg? (My leg is much better, thank you. As Reid Wuthrich said, it's good to see me hobbling without crutches or a cane).

One thing about adversity that I've been reminded of almost constantly is to accept things as they are (not necessarily as I perceive them to be, of course), because everything is part of the plan. When I feel as if something goes "wrong", I am prideful in that moment, thinking that I know how to bring about Godly purposes better than God does. I live in the logic of should. Saying "life, in fact, should be the way I consider, think, expect, and want it to be; not, in fact, the way it occurs. And whenever it occurs in a way that differs from the way I think it should, or expect it should or want it to be, God is wrong and I'm right, and I'm personally offended. Not to be resigned to keeping things as they are, of course." (did you catch that?) 

I love JD. Miss that bloke.basically, most of my letter is just a copy of his letter to JD. We know who he loves :)  Miss all of you. It's not a debilitating feeling though. 

send me pictures!!! I looooovee pictures!! 

Lulu: hey cuteness, how are you? I hope school is so much fun! I miss you! How is church? Who is your favorite scripture hero? Are you staying happy? I love you! Be sure to take pictures to send to me! Are you in dance and gymnastics? 

Lando-pants: beanie beanie, how is tae kwon do? Are you reading scriptures? Who is your favorite scripture hero? Mine is Ammon because he made sure that the King knew that he cared about him before he taught him. That, good sir, is one of the most poignant things we can learn in this life! Nobody will care about how much you know (you can know everything in the world and beyond) until they know how much you care! Love you, buddy!

K: yo dawg, how are you? Are you still doing gymnastics? Dance? How are those things going? Are you remembering to read your scriptures? They are the most important things we will ever read, especially the book of Mormon!

Megira: hey beanie, how is my bedroom? How is school? Glad to hear that you're feeling better. apparenty you threw up? dang. the worst is when you bleep buh bleep buh bleepity bleep(I didn't think you needed to see that)... hahahahahaha. I miss you. hey, make sure to read scriptures. I'm only coming to realize just how important they are. I wish I would have spent more time reading scriptures than playing dark souls. still play dark souls, but not as much ;) I love you, dear sister. send me pictures of your adventures!
*****
This is Shannon. Remember, we talked to her on the bus, but had to get off and weren't able to progress the conversation far enough to leave her with a book of Mormon, so we left her with a card that had the mormon.org website on it. She referred herself an hour later, got our number from the website people and texted us, wanting to meet. She researched everything. Whenever we went to teach her, she had literally studied the topic the hour before, not even knowing what we had prepared. Crazy stuff. The field is white and already to harvest.

this is an excerpt from an old newspaper some potential investigators.
Do you think he's trying to find a piano to baptize? 

We helped Danny paint a room in his house. Danny is trying to get all the papers from certain embassies in order to be able to get married to his fiancee so that he can get baptized. Such a lad! He is super into jui jitsu, and I talk to him about wrestling and stuff. Someone who actually understands! He is way good at jui jistu.

Elder Boswell and me, playing some bball.
Do you think he can ever find someone to cut his hair or am 
I going to have to go over there? 



A cat friend I found out contacting.
Is anyone surprised he has a cat friend? Or that he is looking to baptize pianos?

All the mickey D's that Elder Palmer and I ate because we were dying of hunger.
It maybe looks like E. Palmer is eating that good burger and you are having 8 dollar burgers? 

smoke pot. mmm. love!
It's a b-b-q joint, right? that came out wrong. It's an eating establishment?
.


Old Jamaica ginger beer is the closest thing to Cock and Bull. Not quite as fiery, but it's alright. It'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment